As a Virtual Manufacturing Engineer you will be a part of a commodity Engineering team and will perform analysis of alternative manufacturing scenarios by different types of simulation models. You will answer questions in fields ranging from station to factory level to ensure a process-driven product development, with focus on production-effective product solutions.
This in an environment of both highly Automated Production as well as in more Manual stations/lines. Advanced simulation tools are used by the Virtual Manufacturing Engineer and it has progressed to the point where most of the design verification is done using computer simulations rather than physical prototypes. It encompasses simulation, validation and optimization of products and manufacturing systems.
The role is a major provider of information to support engineering teams in decision making.
- Bachelor of Science Production Engineering or Systems with emphasis in Robotics, preferably Master of Science
- Industrial or academic experience in robotic simulation tools will be highly valued
- Experience or knowledge about joining methods used in Body in White processes.
- Fluent in English, written and spoken. Today our main tools are Process Simulate, Process Designer, Plant Simulation, Teamcenter Manufacturing, CATIA V5, AutoCAD. Skills in Ergo simulation and balancing tools are highly valued.
- Handle and enjoy working with several 3D IT tools
- Enthusiasm in optimizing the manufacturing system and car body by using simulation
- Team player • Structured • Good analytical skills
- Flexible and ability to manage complexity
- Driven and Self-motivated
- Positive mindset
- High communication skills
- Travelling is required occasionally