CAE NVH Engineer
Do you want to be part of a successful and well-balanced simulation team that love simulations and technology development? Do you want to be involved in and affect both your own work situation and the activity in which you work?
As a CAE NVH engineer at A-Way Consulting, there are several possibilities for you depending on your interests and wishes. Here you can further develop within your specialist area or broaden yourself in new areas.
You have worked for a few years with NVH simulations on various industrial applications, such as transmission and powertrain. You have experience with Abaqus, SMT MASTA and GT-Suite, or other similar tools. You are used to interpreting calculation results, presenting conclusions and having a deep engineering understanding.
Personality and commitment:
Personal qualities that we value are your ability to act independently. You are positive and possess a drive with the ability to create and maintain good relationships with our customers. You are stimulated by problem solving and using your creativity to find new solutions. Of course, you have a genuine technological interest! You consider your salary to be in relation to your competence and further we share responsibility with you to maintain and develop your competitive consultancy profile. Great emphasis will be on personal suitability.
The current assignment is at one of our big automotive customers at Lindholmen, at the transmission department.
- Perform acoustic analysis of transmission housing surface vibration
- Perform structural dynamic analyses of powertrain and transmission components
- Perform transmission dynamics analysis of gear excited noise
- Perform torsional dynamic analysis of components in the transmission
- Through simulations: Identify & Explain mechanics/physics behind different NVH phenomena in the transmission
- Provide advice on potential design improvements to avoid/mitigate NVH issues
- Advice on the development/creation of simulation methodologies for NVH
- Advice on NVH measurements both in rig and in vehicle for correlation purposes
- Sc. or Ph.D. within engineering physics, chemistry, applied mechanics, or a similar education
- Experience from simulation and verification
- Experience in NVH simulations in mechanical components and structures
- Experience in transmission development is highly appreciated
- Availability to travel to China – cultural awareness Asia – European culture
- Experience in automotive industry
- Good understanding of transmission development process
- Experience of project work and professional communication skills including presentations
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
- Good skills in ABAQUS, SMT MASTA and GT-Suite is beneficial