CAE Engineer Crash & Safety
Do you want to be part of a successful and well-balanced simulation team that love simulations and technology development? Do you want to be involved in and affect both your own work situation and the activity in which you work?
As a CAE Crash & Safety engineer at a-way Consulting, there are several possibilities for you depending on your interests and wishes. Here you can further develop within your specialist area or broaden yourself in new areas.
You have worked for a few years with Crash simulations, such as side impact & Pedestrian, rear impact and frontal impact. You have experience ANSA, LS-Dyna, or other similar tools. You are used to interpreting calculation results, presenting conclusions and having a deep engineering understanding.
Personality and commitment:
Personal qualities that we value are your ability to act independently. You are positive and possess a drive with the ability to create and maintain good relationships with our customers. You are stimulated by problem solving and using your creativity to find new solutions. Of course, you have a genuine technological interest! You consider your salary to be in relation to your competence and further we share responsibility with you to maintain and develop your competitive consultancy profile. Great emphasis will be on personal suitability.
The current assignment is at one of our big Automotive customer in Gothenburg.
- Perform virtual simulations of vehicle crash performance.
- Perform analysis of occupant protection and structural performance.
- Evaluate different technical solutions to secure that the vehicle meet high safety standards.
- Be responsible for virtual simulations within ongoing projects
- Regular contact with engineers from physical testing and the product development departments.
- Participate in method development assignments and system requirement setting.
- Provide advice on potential design improvements
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. within engineering physics, chemistry, applied mechanics, or a similar education
- Experience from simulation and verification
- Experience in Crash simulations
- Experience in automotive industry
- Good understanding of Volvo development cycle
- High skills in CAE tools like ANSA and LS-DYNA
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
- Experience of project work and professional communication skills including presentations
- Availability to travel to China – cultural awareness Asia – European culture
- Experience from other OEMs in CAE Safety area.